Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mods on animeb don't really have that much power to move things around like I needed Hina too, unless I'm gravely mistaken. Can't really say cuz blue mods sorta disappeared.

I need three or two people who will remain active, are friendly with each other, and willing to change the site drastically in order to get people interested in it once again. I see no need for 'moderators' when we lack actual people to moderate appropriately. Give these people Yellow Status so that they might contribute and then fly.

Frankly, I just want people to vote
    Last edited by Balmung; 9 May 2013 at 7:41 am.
    Gi-sei
    You'll laugh at your fears when you find out who you really are

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo Misaki View Post
    I think only Bal's truly neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku View Post
    ".....Ye, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil.... for I am the meanest Son-of-a-bitch in the Valley!"

King Awesomely Awesomeness Aniki's Avatar
    The people I've noticed to be quite eccentric and possible good candidates are Donkeytong and momo. Of course they aren't the most active right now so it'd be a matter of contacting them before anything.

Now you mentioned drastically changing the site, and that's great. But what does that mean? If you mean aesthetically then you'll want someone that's creative/artistic on the team. If you mean generally changing the goal of the site then you'll need someone that has a thorough grasp on what it is people want to see on a forum. Just another thing to consider.
    Should remember what happened the last time Balmung had the power to change my name.
    ^Buttface

Blog Entries
    I have contacted a few friends at google about changing that horrid description they have popping up on there search list figure I would atleast do that much I gave them a simple underlining what where about.
    Welcome to the other side of hell.

Affiliations:
    Shosa of the Motoko Brigade
    Leader of Our Divine Motoko's Eclipsers.

Blog Entries
    That's kind of a big move, probably should of held off on that >_>

Anyway, I want people in office that will generally enjoy themselves enough to actually put forth an effort to refurbish this old couch. And as Aniki pointed out, Betong is also a good option. So I amend my vote to include:

Betong
    Bobcat

If you're name starts with a B, you're in.
    Gi-sei

".....Ye, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil.... for I am the meanest Son-of-a-bitch in the Valley!"

Blog Entries
    Got a ping from Balmung and came on over.

I'm not nominating myself for admin.

When I first came here in '04 I was a serious Love Hina fan. I recruited a ton of people here, going to one LH forum to another. By '06 this place was #1.

The next logical step was to expand to Negima.

Unfortunately, that ship has sailed. I don't see too many negima fans. Even the negima guilds in GaiaOnline are dead, and negima fans are very hard to find. I'm not into Negima. Heck, I'm not even into anime or manga, anymore. Ironic, as I just finished the HKSS manga after a successful project.

I am glad to help out but first we have to figure out what animeb's niche is. It USED TO BE the #1 Love Hina and Negima forum on the internet. That is the past, not our future.

I also recommend we get the brigades up and running again. Those provided the bulk of our activity.

Tell me why there is not a Strike Witches Brigade? Hmmmm?

Peace.

King Awesomely Awesomeness Aniki's Avatar
    Bobby, while I agree that the brigades were integral in the activity of the forum I also feel it contradicts your notion for Animeb to find a new niche.
    We may need to consider other ideas for the forum unless of course we create brigades/clubs/guilds targeting a new audience, not just a revamp of our old ones as I feel many of the best ones WERE related to Love Hina and Negima.

But that's beside the point as I feel Bal wants it clear this is not the time to being throwing around ideas. You say you don't nominate yourself but Bal already has, I take it you have no objection? I don't think anyone else does.
    If that's the case we can swiftly appoint at least Bal and Bobby already and wait to see if we can hear from Betong.

I'd say we should really be quick about this before the interest dies out again, I'd hate to see the momentum be halted so soon as it has in the past.
    Should remember what happened the last time Balmung had the power to change my name.
    ^Buttface

I am in agreement. My vote to Bobcat and Balmung.

Member: Entire Chao Bao Zi, HKSS, Motoko Brigade, Zazie Brigade, Mei Sakura Brigade, Red vs Blue Brigade, Sakurazaki Setsuna Brigade, Evangeline: Vampiric Association, Izumi Ako Brigade, The Ghost~Ghost Sayo-Chan Brigade, Satsuki Yotsuba Brigade, Akira Okochi Brigade, Chisame Brigade, Ku Fei Brigade, Asuna Kagurazaka Brigade, Anya/Nekane Brigade, Mecha Brigade, .Hack//TWILIGHT HACKERS, Star Wars Brigade

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
    Bobby, while I agree that the brigades were integral in the activity of the forum I also feel it contradicts your notion for Animeb to find a new niche
    There is no contradiction. The brigades were one aspect that made animeb great. People would join their brigades and talk about their favorite character. Then they would RP with their brigades. They would talk about that anime/manga series. And so on.

Brigades even made other places popular. For example: GaiaOnline has its guild system. You can start a guild (brigade) and get your own brigade moderatorship there (over your own guild only, you're not gaia staff)

What I'm talking about is what we are doing next. We can't be a Love Hina or Negima board, though why not keep those parts on for old timers? We need to figure out what animes/manga we are going to rock at next.

But that's beside the point as I feel Bal wants it clear this is not the time to being throwing around ideas. You say you don't nominate yourself but Bal already has, I take it you have no objection?
    I have no objection. But again, I'm not seeking adminship and I don't come here that often anyway, seeing as nobody else is here.

But let's say ok, we get me and Bal on board as admins. Then what? We make unilateral decisions? We make changes as we see fit? I don't think that would fly here. And on top of that, we have disagreements on some issues, for example brigades: He's against them, I'm for them.

We can't go back to LH and Negima. That ship has sailed. But we can keep some subforums for those areas. What we need is to figure out where we go next.

Blog Entries
    I do not object.

As Bobcat said we do have some differing opinions, which is exactly why I wished for a 3rd mod for that swing vote. Otherwise, I'll just roll a dice.

If the plan seems fit, I'll roll with it, even if I don't personally agree. But I feel like such things belong in the campaign for activity thread :v
    Gi-sei

Blog Entries
    See this right here is the pattern that we where trying to avoid all the discussion and nothing constructive is actually happening . I understand deciding what to do is a big part of the process . What we are actually lacking is someone who will go out and do something ..

Affiliations:

Okay, why not set a limit on time. Lets say, within 1 week from this post, everyone who wants to vote on this needs to do so. On Monday of next week those 2 who have the most votes will be in charge and required changes will be made so they will be able to do the job.

Member: Entire Chao Bao Zi, HKSS, Motoko Brigade, Zazie Brigade, Mei Sakura Brigade, Red vs Blue Brigade, Sakurazaki Setsuna Brigade, Evangeline: Vampiric Association, Izumi Ako Brigade, The Ghost~Ghost Sayo-Chan Brigade, Satsuki Yotsuba Brigade, Akira Okochi Brigade, Chisame Brigade, Ku Fei Brigade, Asuna Kagurazaka Brigade, Anya/Nekane Brigade, Mecha Brigade, .Hack//TWILIGHT HACKERS, Star Wars Brigade

Blog Entries
    Sigh, I would of preferred it ending today, but if we must drag this out....
    Gi-sei

I am only saying put some time so those who have been active in this thread all make their vote, some have not.

As far as I am concerned, you two already have the right to make the call. After all, we pretty much know the results.

Blog Entries
    Not to be rude, I do understand. But its things like this this that i hate. Waiting when theres no one that is apparently going to push forward with the voting.
    Gi-sei

Let's try to get this done before everyone loses interest... AGAIN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoh
    They compared school girls drinking tea to men drinking during war... Why do you go to this site again?

Blog Entries
    I call voting to an end this is getting ridiculous
    Gi-sei

Technically, if you were actually going by what I said...well you are crazy for one thing. Two, the whole time limit thing was simply a suggestion but also voting should have ended Monday by what I recommended. If you guys had wanted to, you could have ended it at any time. As I said, we basically knew who was going to win.

...Please don't kill me oh Mighty Overlords of Epic Awesomeness.

And hazzah for the Tyrannical Peacekeeper! Please don't eat my soul. ^_^;;
    Last edited by Ghost of Razgriz; 21 May 2013 at 9:58 pm.

Blog Entries
    Click ... bang... boom... sounds like AnimeB imploded in on its self once again. Who is caught in the fallout of the factions once again . Let's see AnimeB and every other person who tries to make this place better. See finally you see why I tried to bring in a little history to your descisions . Learn from your mistakes and just get this over with. Simply put Bobcat and Betong win no need for the election now you have soldiers you two do something with them.

Affiliations:

no votes are needed you are right but do they want to be admin? anyone?

Blog Entries
    Ill do it. Knight me.
    Gi-sei

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information